11.22.2009

Unexpected injury

So, it's not really as bad as the title makes it sound.  But the weirdest thing happened as I was running trails this morning.  On trails, there are areas which are much muddier than others and some of these “swamps” have wood bridges that run the length of the the wood plank, sometimes 2 or 3 planks wide.  Those planks tend to move independently of each other as you step on them. So as I am running across one of these bridges, the board give enough to allow toe to slip underneath the board next to it. The literally my thoughts went something like this, “What the hell, oh pain”, as I lifted my foot to take my next step.

I will say the one nice thing about toes, they don't really hurts for long. You can just keep running.  First few seconds below but after that, it gets better.

No comments: